While snacking away on your favourite foods, do you ever think where did it come from? Every state in the US has a dish or an ingredient that triumphs all the rest. With sports betting legalized in most states, this is what we can do next. Let’s explore some of these desired dishes and eating out opportunities.
- Alabama – This southern state is the home to the pecan nut. Here you will find the best in sweet pecan comforts. Every year they also host the ever-popular pecan festival which showcases the best pecan delicacies, carnival rides, country music and a great welcome into the state of friendly folk.
- Arizona – If you are devoted to the freshest and crunchiest salads, then you probably are having some of this sunny state’s lettuce on your plate. Arizona is the leading provider of winter lettuce in the United States. Up to 90% of all leafy greens eaten between November and March come from Arizona. Every year they also have the Lettuce Festival in the City of Yuma.
- California – The state’s green fields and blue skies are the perfect home for cows. Most of the dairy farms in the state are family-owned, and together they provide about 99% of all the dairy used in the States. Therefore next time you are spreading some butter on your toast or enjoying some great ice cream on a hot summer day, you can almost be sure that it came from the Golden State.
- Connecticut – In 1908, George Smith was the man who invented lollipops in New Haven, Connecticut. Today a much loved sweet and enjoyed globally with very few aware of the fact that it is indeed named after a horse. Smith used the name of Lolly Pop, a great competitor on the tracks at the time to call his newly invented sweet.
- Indiana – During 2018, 983 million bushels of corn were harvested in this state. No wonder, it is indeed the country’s biggest corn producer and even has a town called Popcorn.
- Nevada – The destination for gamblers and sports betters, runaway weddings and memorable weekends. Here you will, however, find more than the best bookmakers in town, but also a great bang for your buck when eating out. Home to more than 70 buffets in the casino city. The perfect place to find great meals in between the action.
- North Carolina – Some may know that Pepsi was initially invented as a health drink to improve digestion, but few may know that this was already in 1867. Caleb Davis Bradham from New Bern, North Carolina was the pharmacist who invented the much-beloved Pepsi-Cola
- Ohio – The first commercially grown tomato is called the Paragon tomato and was developed by Alexander W. Livingston, a world-renowned horticulturist in Reynoldsburg, Ohio in 1870. Therefore Ohio is referred to as the place where tomatoes were birthed.
- South Carolina – In 1685 Charleston was home to the first efforts ever recorded to cultivate rice in the States. Due to this close relationship with rice, the state is still referred to as the Rice State.